In 2006, the Sport Australia Hall of Fame Board introduced the Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program. The program aims to assist young elite Australians to reach the highest level of their chosen sport by providing financial support and more importantly, unrivalled access to mentoring from a Sport Australia Hall of Fame Member, who may not have necessarily competed in the same sport.
Nominations are open to all sportspersons who meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian Citizen (residents cannot apply)
- Be between the ages of 15 – 21 as of December 31 of the year applying
- Be a participant in a sport recognised by either Sport Australia, Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and/or Paralympics Australia (PA)
- Have competed at a International junior level or National senior level in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- Be a member of the Australian junior or senior squad/team in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- The applicant must complete the form themselves. No third party can apply on the applicant’s behalf (if the applicant is overseas, unavailable or incapable, a third party can apply on their behalf however, must provide reason)